The following Alerts are from the Federal Trade Commission.
- There’s an app for that (but it might be fake)
- Yahoo customer service scam
- Don’t pay for a car with Amazon gift cards. Ever.
- Make it a season of unhappy returns for tax ID thieves
- A government program that pays your bills?
Pacific Crest has been made aware that some members have received fraudulent text messages and phone calls stating that their card has been blocked. We will not contact you in this manner. If you have received one of these messages and given out your card information, please contact the credit union immediately at 541-850-7788. After hours please call 800-991-4965.
- Scammers say “Help Wanted”
- A false appeal to your sense of charity
- Fake friends, fake news, phony weight-loss promises
- Identity theft... by mobile phone
- Scammers phish for mortgage closing costs
- Identity theft target turns the tables
- Scammers offering to help with disability applications